Assembly of Delegates
The Assembly of Delegates is the supreme authority of ICAR. It convenes annually (usually in October) after the invitation of the ICAR President. The invitation to the ICAR Assembly of Delegates is published on the ICAR website together with the full agenda at least one month prior to the assembly.
Member organization motions for the agenda must be submitted in writing to the ICAR President at least three months prior to the assembly. Nominations for elections must be submitted by the member organizations in writing to the ICAR President at least three months prior to the assembly. Member organization motions and nominations may also be brought forward at the opening of the assembly. The ICAR Assembly of Delegates approves admission of such motions and nominations.
By rotation of country, member organizations make themselves available for the organization of the annual ICAR Assembly of Delegates.
Tasks of the ICAR Assembly of Delegates are:
- to elect the ICAR President, the other ICAR Executive Board members, and the ICAR Auditors
- to approve the annual report of the ICAR President
- to approve the minutes of the last ICAR Assembly of Delegates
- to approve the annual financial statement and the report of the ICAR Auditors
- to approve the budget for the next fiscal year
- to approve the expense regulations for the ICAR Executive Board
- to vote on the admittance and expulsion of members
- to elect honorary members
- to determine the activities of ICAR for a coming period of time
- to determine the amount of the membership fees
- to decide on business, that is proposed by the ICAR Executive Board
- to decide on the location and time of the next ICAR Assembly of Delegates
- to decide on changes of the statutes/bylaws
- to decide on the dissolution of ICAR
ICAR Delegates are provided by the ICAR member organizations, depending on their membership type:
- Type A member organizations have 4 delegate votes.
- Type B1 member organizations have 2 delegate votes.
- Type B2 member organizations have 1 delegate vote.
- Type C member organizations do not have any voting right.
- Type D members do not have any voting right.
- Type E member organizations do not have any voting right.