Be a (nature friendly) mountain hero in 10 steps
The 10 steps are modelled on the idea of the “10 FIS Rules for the Conduct of Skiers and Snowboarders” which has become the bench mark for the safety of skiers and snowboarders around the world. The goal with these rules is to achieve the same result but in the area of conservation for mountain environments.
Each of the Mountain 10 steps have been carefully chosen with input from the various bodies participating in the project. The 10 steps are:
1. Choose a greener resort – Research accommodation options with strong environmental policies and practices.
2. Choose better clothing and equipment – Look for sustainably made clothing and equipment and repair wherever possible.
3. Make it reusable – Try to make your whole trip free of single-use plastics.
4. Shrink your travel footprint – Opt for public transport or car sharing wherever possible.
5. Stay on route – Stick to marked trails and established campsites to respect wildlife.
6. Take nothing but photos – Nature looks better on the mountain than in your living room.
7. Leave no trace – Take all your food and rubbish home with you.
8. Keep the water clean – Don’t use detergent or shampoo in rivers or lakes.
9. Buy better, buy local – Support small businesses and mountain communities.
10. Speak up for the mountains – Use your voice to encourage positive change.
For more informations please read the attached files!
Mountain 10 - Brochure - English.pdf
(PDF) 24.2 MBDownload
Mountain 10 - Poster - English.pdf
(PDF) 11 MBDownload
(external link to www.fis-ski.com)