Event postponed to 2021 due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, click for details...
Dear ICAR Members and ICAR Delegates
Dear ICAR Partners and Exhibitors
Dear ICAR Candidate Member Organizations
Dear ICAR Community
End of March 2020, the registration for ICAR 2020 Greece was just about ready to be launched, when the COVID-19 pandemic started to change everything around the globe. Since then our Greek Hosts (HRT), their PCO (Professional Congress Organizer) Erasmus, the Venue and the ICAR Executive Board have been in close contact to monitor the dynamic developments and seek for possible solutions. It then became obvious, that the impact of the global pandemic (social distancing, meeting and travel restrictions, lack of flight availability, quarantine, etc.) will last and go beyond 2020. Thanks to the flexibility of all involved, high cancellation penalties could be avoided and the remaining uncovered cost kept limited. The decisions made take all of this into account. Now we would like to inform you about them in detail:
1) The physical ICAR 2020 Greece "in person" congress is postponed to October 19-24, 2021 (Tue-Sun). Venue unchanged in Thessaloniki, hosted by HRT.
2) The physical ICAR 2021 Austria "in person" congress is postponed to October 2026 (act of solidarity by our Austrian Hosts ÖBRD to move to their next jubilee, as their governmental and sponsoring event support is directly linked to an anniversary).
3) The physical ICAR 2022 Switzerland "in person" congress remains scheduled for October 11-16, 2022 in the Lake Geneva Region in Western Switzerland.
4) The physical ICAR 2023 Italy "in person" congress remains scheduled for October 2023 in South Tyrol, Italy.
5) The ICAR Assembly of Delegates 2020 is cancelled. The 2019 and 2020 financial years are declared to be a long-term year. The double year does not count for the years of membership on the ICAR Executive Board. All current ICAR Executive Board Members and ICAR Auditors remain in office until October 2021, when the next ICAR Assembly of Delegates will take place. The ICAR Executive Board will then report on the annual accounts, the balance sheet and the auditors report with discharge. New elections (2020 would have been an ordinary election year) and the admission of new members type A, B1/B2 and D (requiring the approval of the ICAR Assembly of Delegates) are postponed to October 2021.
6) On October 10/11 and 17/18, 2020 an ICAR 2020 Virtual Event is planned to take place, 17:00-20:00 CEST on each of the 4 week-end days. The Technical Committee (all Commission Presidents) under the the direction of Gebhard Barbisch is commissioned to prepare this ICAR 2020 Virtual Event.
Thank you all for your support and understanding. We count
on your active and valuable contribution. May you, your family
members and your fellow friends stay healthy in these challenging
times. With very kind regards
The ICAR Executive Board